Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Roman Reigns is the one who asked to turn heel upon his return to WWE.
- Not surprisingly, PW Insider notes a lot of WWE talent reacted negatively to word from WWE that they must cease engaging with third parties using their WWE likeness. There was even talk of “pushing back” against it.
- Mike Rome seemed to indicate they’ll just have to use their real name and won’t be required to stop using Twitch or Tik Tok or YouTube altogether.
- The belief remains that WWE won’t be doing a show in Saudi Arabia this year due to the pandemic, per the Observer.
- For whatever it’s worth, Eddie Kingston told Chris Jericho on an episode of his podcast that WWE offered him a contract after he debuted on AEW television.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.