Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that Brock Lesnar has not put himself in the USADA testing pool, which means he’s not interested in returning to UFC.
- Meltzer also notes that WWE is contemplating “cutting way back” on house shows when things return to normal.
- Tony Khan revealed the All Out pre-show bout of Big Swole vs. Britt Baker will be a cinematic match. Meltzer indicates it will take place at Baker’s dental office.
- PW Insider says the upcoming NXT TakeOver schedule includes shows on Oct. 4 and Dec. 6 (both Sundays), but nothing is currently planned for the night before Survivor Series in November.
- Renee Young appeared on Sports Media with Richard Deitsch and said that she considered leaving WWE several years ago, but the company wouldn’t let her out of her talent contract.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.