Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
Eddie Kingston will get the honor to choose Jon Moxley’s championship challenger tonight. Kingston may or may not pick one of his boys, but he will certainly have a plan in place.
TOMORROW on Dynamite, @MadKing1981 decides the fate of @JonMoxley as Kingston will choose the opponent for Moxley.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) September 30, 2020
RT with your prediction on who the opponent will be.
WATCH #AEWDynamite at 8e/7c on @TNTDrama. pic.twitter.com/0bAtoNsyPL
I’m not buying Kingston as some kind of mastermind. He isn’t at 100% health after last week’s slobberknocker, but it is still not smart to pass up a title shot. Kingston is not ranked, and he’s not going to be ranked anytime soon. That means he must resort to pestering Moxley so much that the champ demands Kingston get another shot. That strategy seems a lot more difficult and time consuming with no guarantee of a pay-off for Kingston.
When Mr. Brodie Lee issued a dog collar challenge, I asked if there were any great dog collar matches in wrestling history. Roddy Piper versus Greg Valentine was an overwhelming response. It looks like Cody Rhodes may have that match on his mind as well.
If Cody and Mr. Brodie use that as inspiration, then that bodes well for the quality of their future clash.
Tony Khan was the latest guest on A Shot of Brandi (here). They drank tequila with club soda and cooked steaks on a cast iron skillet with baked asparagus.
Being the Elite
“Sour Patch Kids” - Being The Elite, Ep. 223 (here) featured:
- Matt Jackson and Brandon Cutler chatted while Cutler worked on BTE editing. That scene transitioned into Matt breaking Tony Schiavone’s phone on Dynamite. Meanwhile, Cutler was on the phone with Hangman Page discussing a plan to make an emotional tribute video so the Young Bucks will speak with Hangman again. When Matt returned, he was still antsy for destruction, so he broke Cutler’s laptop. That foiled the plans of Cutler and Hangman once again.
- The Bucks went back to Walmart searching for their action figures. No luck.
- Evil Uno ran through the logic with Stu Grayson trying to interfere. Grayson realized that it would result in DQ losses for the Dark Order. Grayson then tricked Uno into telling him to kill John Silver. Anna Jay brought Grayson back by the ear.
- Speaking Spanglish was a telenovela with Dasha Gonzalez, Ortiz, Kip Sabian, Jake Hager, Thunder Rosa, and Marko Stunt. Everyone kept telling Ortiz that Dasha was not who she said she was. It was revealed to be Marko in disguise.
- Cutler chatted with Matt Hardy. They were concerned about the Bucks being broken. Hardy’s health is doing fine.
- Christopher Daniels had his confidence shaken through injuries and failures. He is contemplating how to end his career on a high note.
- Alex Reynolds was away at fencing camp so he could learn how to use a sword to circumcise his father.
- Big Swole had a Public Swole Announcement for slow drivers to get out of the left lane.
- Eddie Kingston cut an impromptu promo on Sour Patch Kids candy.
- Chuck Taylor hatched a plan to kill Cutler by sticking his head in the microwave. Trent pointed out that Cutler has a neck, so the door won’t close. John Silver tried recruiting the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy again. They said they would join if Silver kills Cutler. Silver exploded with violence on Cutler behind the camera. The Best Friends and OC helped Cutler up. If they kill him, it will be a lot cooler than that.
Most of this episode was silly shenanigans. The angle that caught me off guard was Daniels considering retirement. If that actually turns into something with substance, then let’s hope he is granted time on TV to let it play out. CD deserves it.
We’ll close with a health update on AEW’s mascot. The Rhodes’ family pooch, Pharaoh, underwent ACL surgery.