Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dana White told TMZ he would be interested in booking Brock Lesnar vs. Jon Jones, but the expectation remains that Lesnar will come back to WWE.
- WrestleVotes says there has been some discussion within WWE of moving NXT off Wednesday nights.
- The Observer notes that Rey Mysterio’s injury isn’t serious and the belief is he won’t need surgery and may only miss a couple months.
- According to PW Insider, Nigel McGuinness is expected to return to work for WWE soon.
- When MLW returns to TV it will have a new name and will not debut on Saturdays on BeIN Sport but rather a primetime slot on a weekday on Fubo Sports Network, per Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.