Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes mentioned that at one point, a female RETRIBUTION member was going to be named “Shatter”.
- Twitter’s rovert says that Tegan Nox has a legitimate torn ACL and will be out for a year.
- Multiple outlets spotted a Chelsea Green post on Facebook revealing that she tested positive for COVID-19 and is starting to feel better.
- Fightful indicates that a “large number” of people were kept home from the Sept. 23 NXT tapings (which includes the Sept. 30 episode) due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The extras in the crowd were greatly reduced because they were either needed for this week’s Battle Royal, or sent home.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez noted that Miro was limping on Dynamite because he really did tweak his ankle, but he was okay after his match.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.