Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding the COVID-19 cases at NXT rumored earlier this week, Bryan Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live it wasn’t “a gigantic number of people,” but that we’ll likely never know for sure because WWE really “clamped down” after performers revealed they tested positive during the June outbreak.
- Dave Meltzer did tweet that “several changes had to be made” to last night’s show, however.
- Jon Alba, one of the sources of the original NXT COVID story, said on his podcast he’s “heard of another company dealing with a potential outbreak”.
- CMLL has had to change more than half its card for Friday’s 87th Anniversary show due to positive tests per luchablog, the show is still on.
- Brian Cage deleted a tweet he posted yesterday saying he wasn’t feeling well and is sick, . Cage was scheduled to tag with Lance Archer on Dynamite before Archer revealed he’d tested positive for COVID-19.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.