Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There was a COVID-19 outbreak within NXT recently, reports Jon Alba. It apparently resulted in changes to creative plans.
- The positive COVID tests were confirmed by Fightful Select, which added it happened in the last couple weeks and led to several Performance Center classes being canceled.
- Dave Meltzer wrote in last week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter that one reason Clash of Champions WWE title match is an ambulance match is so WWE can “protect McIntyre from taking a pin while getting the title off him.”
- PW Insider and Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez disputed reports shoot strikes were thrown in last week’s Thunder Rosa/Ivelisse match on Dynamite.
- Robert Roode is set to return to Raw “within the next week or two” per WrestleVotes.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.