Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s a lot of talk, from PWInsider’s Mike Johnson and others, that the IIconics break-up happened so WWE can give Peyton Royce a singles push.
- RETRIBUTION is only expected to be used on Raw going forward, per Post Wrestling’s John Pollock.
- WrestleVotes says NXT considered two options for the finish of last night’s 4Way Iron Man title match: the tie ending they went with, and having Pat McAfee interfere to cost Adam Cole the belt.
- In line with yesterday’s rumor on Keith Lee, Sportskeeda’s Gary Cassidy says Lee’s in line for a “big, but steady, push.” Cassidy also says we should expect WWE to “tweak” things like Lee’s music and ring gear during the push.
- Fightful Select reports Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir matches in Raw Underground that were filmed last week but cut from the Aug. 24 broadcast were well-received, so WWE decided to use Duke & Shafir again this week and incorporate them into the IIconics break-up story.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.