Let’s catch up on the week’s news in MLW and preview the latest episode of MLW Underground. Richard Holliday suffered catastrophic consequences in his tanning bet with Alexander Hammerstone and a skeletal luchador has been officially added to the roster.
MLW’s storylines continue to crank in Pulp Fusion.
The format of Pulp Fusion is a quick cut montage of promos intermixed with each other. Let’s break it down.
- La Familia Real is happy to return to an MLW ring. LA Park wants a chance at championships at the restart. Give them a tag title shot, make a new Trios belt, or give Park a rematch with Jacob Fatu for heavyweight gold. They will show who is the best.
- Richard Holliday had frightening news for Alexander Hammerstone about their bet for who would have the better tan for the restart. Holliday demanded to call off the wager. He tried to hide why but eventually revealed his face covered in bandages. Holliday burned himself while trying for a Hogan ‘91. Big Poppa Ham thought Holliday knew it was a joke when he recommended using bacon grease to get that golden bronze. Hammer parted with advice to use ketchup and mustard to soothe the pain.
- Gino Medina is here for the money, the championships, and the mamacitas.
- Team Filthy chatted about the Von Erichs. Tom Lawlor chastised Kevin Von Erich for getting his boys ready. Team Filthy is a group of fighters who are ready to fight at anytime.
- Calvin Tankman is ready for the step up in competition at the restart. He plans to make history and usher in a new era of super heavyweight.
- Myron Reed wants Brian Pillman Jr. to drop weight and he will get his shot at the Middleweight strap. Jordan Oliver is a heavyweight now, so he’ll fight fatty Pillman if he can’t make the 205-pound limit. Oliver threatened to break Pillman’s jaw.
Talk about a unforeseen turn of events. How is Richard Holliday going to compete with a mummy face?
At least Holliday’s ears are okay, so he can continue to wear AirPods. The lesson learned is that one can not just jump right into a Hogan ‘91 tan. It takes years of preparation to achieve that gas station hot dog shade.
I’m all for Trios titles in MLW for Los Parks to conquer, but I’m not sure if MLW is deep enough to provide consistently compelling matchups. A heavyweight rematch with Fatu would be exciting. Same for the Von Erichs defending against different combinations of Parks for tag team gold.
Would you like to see a Trios championship in MLW? What would be your preferred match for Los Parks at the restart?
The latest edition of MLW Underground will feature two bouts. Homicide fights Christopher Daniels and Hot Commodity battles the Japanese duo of Nosawa & Masada. The preview also mentions promos from Los Maximos, Masato Tanaka, and Simply Luscious.
MLW’s weekly program (Fusion, Anthology, and Underground) streams on fubo Sports Network Wednesday nights at 7 pm ET and 10 pm ET, airs on beIN SPORTS Saturday nights at 10 pm ET, and is posted on YouTube Saturdays at 6:05 pm ET. You can also check out MLW streaming on DAZN. In addition, MLW is broadcast in over 20 countries.
MLW has been working hard to expand their roster with new and familiar names.
MLW CEO Court Bauer mentioned a new contract but didn’t name names.
One possible hint could be from Matt Cross (aka Son of Havoc from Lucha Underground). He made googly eyes at the press release.
Cross would fit in perfectly for MLW and be a great choice to challenge Myron Reed for the MLW middleweight crown. Cross’ high flying is crisp and clean.
Bauer also teased another new signing.
My assumption is that tweet refers to the announced signing of LA Park Jr. That completes the trio of La Familia Real with LA Park and Hijo de LA Park. Papa Park’s younger son has competed on MLW programming before, but now he is officially part of the roster.
That’s all great news, however, the recruitment press release points out one very important hindrance remaining before the restart. “While league officials have been forthcoming in sharing a variety of aspects of The Restart, they have yet to disclose how they will thwart CONTRA and their occupation of key aspects of the league.”
That would be a bummer if the restart was canceled by Contra. Let’s think about happier times as consumers, such as the Dynasty dancing.
My hips don’t lie.— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) September 14, 2020
I could watch that clip all day. Richard Holliday looks like he was a dance instructor for senior citizens as a Summer job growing up at the country club.
We’ll close with a new MLW t-shirt.
Who would you like to be signed by MLW?