Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes said that one idea discussed for Kofi Kingston’s return was putting him on Raw, away from Big E on SmackDown, but with New Day remaining intact and Xavier Woods managing both men. The idea was turned down.
- PW Insider notes that there is no timetable for Ivar’s recovery from neck surgery, but it’s expected that he’ll be out for a long time.
- According to Fightful, the match on Dynamite between Thunder Rosa and Ivelisse actually broke down and turned into a shoot fight at one point.
- Tony Khan said that Dynamite’s Parking Lot Fight was entirely shot in just one take. The only edit was removing a profanity.
- During the AEW Dynamite post-show, Tony Schiavone indicated that Britt Baker is not fully recovered from the leg injury she suffered in May.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.