Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- After Wrestling Inc reported on concerts booked for Staples Center on the Friday & Saturday before WrestleMania 37, there’s been increased speculation WWE could be moving the 2021 event.
- There’s a “more positive atmosphere” behind-the-scenes at WWE these days, according to sources of WrestleTalk’s Louis Dangoor. They attribute the uptick in morale to more space backstage at Amway Center, and the return of Roman Reigns.
- Daniel Cormier told Sports Illustrated he’s had “very, very early conversations” about signing with WWE. The UFC legend wants to start as a commentator and build to an in-ring feud with a big name.
- David Bixenspan reports that Matt Riddle voluntarily withdrew his request for a restraining order against Candy Cartwright, the woman he had an affair with who accused him of sexual assault, after Cartwright’s lawyers presented evidence refuting some of his stalking claims. You can read Bix’s full story at Babyface v. Heel here.
- Impact titleholders Deonna Purrazzo and Alex Shelley are working without full-time contracts, per Fightful Select. Purrazzo has been offered a two-year deal, but hasn’t signed yet.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.