Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In an interview with BT Sport, Jeff Hardy indicated getting his old “No More Words” theme song back was a condition for re-signing with WWE. Wrestling Observer has since confirmed Hardy’s talking about a new contract and not just the injury time added to his last one.
- RETRIBUTION won’t be unmasked until after the WWE Draft, closer to Survivor Series - at least according to Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue.
- Lots of speculation about who WrestleVotes is referring to in a tweet about “a certain WWE talent” who has decided not to re-sign when their current deal expires.
- According to Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live, Ivar is set for neck surgery in Birmingham, Alabama today.
- Fightful reports USA Network is behind the idea for NXT to move to Tuesdays.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.