Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider says the latest round of WWE financial cuts are primarily focused on office staff who were furloughed in April and never brought back. The cuts run across the board, but the travel and live events departments have been affected the most.
- Fightful notes that the salaries of some WWE employees were reduced by tens of thousands of dollars, with increased workloads due to the cuts. Understudies have been brought in as part of a contingency plan in case anyone gets sick.
- According to Ringside News, the word going around backstage is that the mystery woman in the vignette that aired on SmackDown last week is Carmella.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that Rey Mysterio is expected to miss four to six weeks due to his triceps injury.
- F4WOnline’s Bryan Alvarez says that NWA women’s champion Thunder Rosa is working on a per-date deal with AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.