Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source told WrestleVotes the situation between Brock Lesnar & WWE will be resolved once Lesnar lets WWE know he’s ready to work again, or when WWE needs Brock badly enough they offer a deal he can’t refuse: “Currently, it’s nothing more than that.”
- Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT reports Vince McMahon asked Randy Orton to make Keith Lee a star at Payback. Vince wants to “push Lee to the moon.”
- On Sunday Night’s Main Event, Dave Meltzer talked the Roman Reigns heel turn. It’s been in the works for a while, and is something Reigns has wanted for a while.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said AEW’s second show for WarnerMedia is still a go and should launch before the end of the year.
- Per PW Insider, WWE has signed Evolve wrestlers Josh Briggs, Anthony Greene, Joe Gacy, Brandi Lauren & Curt Stallion and referee Jake Clemon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.