Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- “Problems regarding organization” at yesterday’s SmackDown taping led to only one episode being taped, according to Wrestling Observer.
- This has forced WWE to change their pre-SummerSlam schedule. The Aug. 17 Raw will now be taped on Aug. 13 along with the Aug. 14 SmackDown. It’s not clear when the Aug. 21 SmackDown will tape.
- Talent has not been told SummerSlam will be anywhere other than the Performance Center, per Fightful. Wrestlers who ask have been told WWE is scouting outdoor locations in New York and on the Florida coast.
- James Kimbal, who ran operations at UFC’s Performance Institute, just jumped to WWE, ESPN’s Marc Raimondi reports. Kimbal will take on a senior business operations role based out of the company’s Stamford HQ.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said he’s heard people at WWE are high on NXT’s Ridge Holland: “They think that he has the potential to be the next big thing.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.