Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There may be multiple groups showing up in WWE soon. Wrestling Observer says the company’s plans for a new direction include “a return of the 90s mentality of factions.”
- Possibly related, Wrestling Inc reports WWE filed for trademarks on MVP’s stable name “The Hurt Business” and another name, “Justus”.
- The location in the Northeast being discussed for SummerSlam is Atlantic City, according to Wrestling Observer.
- Austin Theory has been on an “unannounced suspension of sorts,” per Dave Meltzer.
- The planned bankruptcy auction for the XFL was called off because The Rock’s ownership group was the only qualified bidder.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.