Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Three or four more matches are expected to be added to Sunday’s Payback card.
- Keith Lee’s music change happened because WWE is trying to convince stars to stop using CF0$-created songs, according to Fightful Select. Unlike other past composers like Jim Johnston, WWE only owns 50% of each track made by CFO$.
- Lee is said to have approved the change, but as many have pointed out, turning down the company right before his main roster debut might not have been the smartest move politically.
- WWE Music blog Arcadetaping says Lee will have a new song at Payback.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said WWE will be making changes to ensure offensive images don’t end up on ThunderDome screens again. While Alvarez said he didn’t know for sure what specific changes would be made, the impression he gets is that they’ll ensure fans who have obeyed the rules in the past get the most visible spots on the broadcast.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.