Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Vince McMahon made a lot of late changes to Monday Night Raw this week.
- It was noted that most changes occurred during the day but the show wasn’t totally done until it was already an hour in.
- He also said that all the Payback matches they had planned will be going ahead and weren’t changed.
- For what it’s worth, Paul Ellering told the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast that there were plans in place for him to return to manage AOP before the pandemic hit.
- Per PW Insider, the expectation is Cody will miss significant time selling the injuries from the Dark Order attack on Dynamite, so don’t expect to see him on TV again anytime soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.