Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is treating the move to ThunderDome as a “restart of sorts” according to WrestleVotes. Roman Reigns is one of a couple possible returns, and we should expect new storylines as part of “different but pretty cool” plans.
- According to Beth Hardy, WWE and Jeff are holding off on bringing back his “No More Words” theme until live crowds return.
- Some Jaxson Ryker Instagram posts have caused speculation Forgotten Sons might be returning to television for the first time since Ryker’s pro-Donald Trump tweet.
- Eddie Kingston mentioned Rey Mysterio during his promo on Saturday’s Dynamite, but Fightful says AEW edited the WWE Superstar’s name out of the segment.
- The Britt Baker/Reba/Penelope Ford & Kip Sabian scene originally happened in the ring, but was re-shot backstage to better hit time cues. A spot in the Dark Order/Elite match was reshot to cover a botch, and Diamante & Ivelisse’s entrances were scrapped due to a production error.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.