AEW will still be preempted by the NBA playoffs next week. Instead of Saturday night Dynamite, we’ll have Thursday night Dynamite for August 27. That won’t slow AEW down for bringing big matches next week.
Here’s what AEW announced for their Aug. 27 episode last night:
- Contract signing: Jon Moxley and MJF with the hook being if Mox will agree to banning the Paradigm Shift
- Tables match: Matt Hardy vs Sammy Guevara
- #1 tag team contender gauntlet: Natural Nightmares vs Young Bucks, winner vs Best Friends, winner vs FTR
- Dr. Brit Baker DMD & Penelope Ford vs Big Swole in a handicap match
- Chris Jericho on commentary
That is a solid card two weeks out from the All Out PPV on September 5. The tables match should be wild. My biggest question is what happens if Hardy morphs personalities during the bout. Let’s say Damascus Hardy goes through a table. Does that mean Sammy Guevara still wins? While Hardy did claim he wanted to be himself from now on, he has shown at times on Being the Elite that he hasn’t been able to control the character shifts.
Which match or segment are you most looking forward to?