Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source told WrestleVotes that morale is high and WWE staff members are excited about the debut of WWE ThunderDome.
- According to Fightful, WWE wants secrets about ThunderDome to remain under wraps, and staff is risking their jobs if photos leak.
- UFC Reporter Aaron Bronsteter mentioned that CM Punk is still following protocols for UFC’s drug testing policy.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer claimed that a SmackDown tag title reign was planned for the Forgotten Sons prior to Jaxson Ryker’s tweet that got them removed from television.
- NXT head writer Joe Belcastro gave his notice last week and is already gone, per Meltzer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.