Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Renee Young’s WWE exit will be shortly after SummerSlam, according to Outkick.
- According to an email sent to fans, WWE will be testing Thunderdome on Thursday. Participants will get a free match from Amway Center and be the first to see & use the new set-up.
- EC3 is starting with Ring of Honor at the television tapings taking place this week in Maryland, per PW Insider.
- Riddick Moss was in line for a big push before the coronavirus lockdown, Fightful Select reported. Then-Raw Executive Director Paul Heyman made the decision to bench him because he cares for a family member with a pre-existing condition. Heyman didn’t want Moss to catch heat for deciding to sit out on his own.
- WWE Network removed six older documentaries from the service. Insider speculates it may be because all feature old Bret Hart footage. Hart owns all of his Stampede Wrestling matches, and he & WWE have never come to terms on a licensing arrangement.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.