Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that nearly everyone in WWE has reached out to AEW at one point or another with interest in the company of some sort. He also said Roman Reigns is one of the people who hasn’t.
- The early speculation is SummerSlam will feature multiple matches booked to leave a rematch open that will take place a week later at Payback.
- Daniel Cormier still has commentary options in pro wrestling now that he’s retired from MMA, per the Observer.
- There’s some talk of WWE bringing back “Saturday Night’s Main Event” in some form, as PW Insider notes the company has put in trademark applications for it.
- WWE Network News notes that episodes of Superstars from 1993 will be added to the WWE Network today.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.