Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per WrestleVotes, WWE will be using 2500 square feet of LED boards to create an interactive experience with live fans at the Amway Center for future television.
- They also note applications will be taken to appear on screen starting next week.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, previous plans for the start of the AJ Styles-Jeff Hardy program were torn up by Vince McMahon multiple times before going ahead this week.
- Adam Pearce and Dewey Foley are the “key creative forces” behind 205 Live, per the WON.
- The Observer says the goal for Ring of Honor is to “try and fill the void that hardcore fans have asked for.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.