Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- SummerSlam won’t be at the Performance Center but there won’t be fans in attendance either, according to WrestleVotes.
- The exact location wasn’t known, but the Twitter account says the location in the Northeast WWE was hoping for looks “iffy at best.”
- PW Insider indicates the show will happen in Florida after WWE dropped plans for Atlantic City. They don’t say where in Florida, however.
- A Fightful Select report says the heat on Sammy Guevara for throwing the wrong chair at Matt Hardy on the Aug. 5 Dynamite was because people backstage thought he was “reckless.” Given that the show was pre-taped, the scene could have been re-shot when Guevara couldn’t find the right chair.
- NXT taping was halted on Wednesday when Johnny Gargano “took a scary landing on his head” during his match with Ridge Holland for the Aug. 19 episode, per Post Wrestling. Gargano is believed to be okay. After a delay, trainers okayed him to finish the match, and he will be checked out again later.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.