Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
Cody Rhodes sat down for a Q&A hosted with Tony Schiavone. The main topic was Cody’s TNT Championship defense against Scorpio Sky. A couple of interesting nuggets were also revealed.
Other names on Cody’s open challenge radar are Alexander Hammerstone, Sefa Fatu, Matt Sydal, and JTG. Cody also stated that the finished TNT Championship belt will be debuted tonight.
Hammerstone would be awesome to answer the call, but I highly doubt that will happen. As National Openweight Champion, MLW is building him up as a future big-money contender for Jacob Fatu and their World Heavyweight Championship. It has potential to be a PPV main event. A loss to Cody would not look good for the MLW product.
Sydal and JTG would be neat blasts from the past. Sydal is better known as Evan Bourne from WWE. Thinking about Sydal’s style made me remember Matt Cross (aka Son of Havoc from Lucha Underground). Cross is another name l’d like to see wrestle Cody on Dynamite.
Time for Deep Thoughts by Hangman Page.
imitation is the sincerest form of flatulence— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) August 7, 2020
Brian Cage is teasing an FTW title defense for the All Out PPV.
The direction would seem likely for Darby Allin, but who would you like to see challenge for Taz’s pride and joy?
Being the Elite
“Malfunction” - Being The Elite, Ep. 216 (here) featured:
- It is Thursday, 1:30 pm west coast time. Matt Jackson thought that meant it was time for a tandem bike ride. That’s something I’d actually like to see on BTE. Nick Jackson informed Matt that it was time for the ratings report. They had a good overall number, but they didn’t win the key 50+ demo. Matt was out of ideas, so Nick provided inspiration with a match against local jobbers. Matt came up with how to hang a picture straight on the wall.
- Brandon Cutler told the Bucks that he witnessed a murder last week when the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy killed Colt Cabana. The Bucks thought it was all in Cutler’s head.
- After Sammy Guevara busted Matt Hardy open last week on Dynamite, Hardy needed nine stitches. He spoke with the Bucks and transitioned through his different personas. Hardy claimed he was fine.
- Marko Stunt was suckered by a candy trail into a Dark Order recruitment pitch from Alex Reynolds and John Silver. Luchasaurus prevented Marko from drinking the Kool-Aid.
- Angelico and Jack Evans are on their comeback tour to prove they are the greatest. Evans ate empanadas while speaking with illustrious alliteration.
- Speaking Spanglish showed Santana and Ortiz demonstrating the word chisme (gossip). Ortiz shared a juicy piece of news with Santana, then Santana blabbed about it. The chisme ended up going around the locker room. Marko Stunt was angry thinking the chisme was about him. His long speech was bleeped.
- Mr. Brodie Lee celebrated the Dark Order’s win with Stu Grayon and Evil Uno. Mr. Brodie was frustrated that Reynolds and Silver lost, so he handed off the paper whacking honors for Evil Uno to swat Silver.
- Christopher Daniels’ idea for the 50+ demo was an infomercial. He promoted copper coins (pennies) for $1 each with BrizzBrazz Capital at www.BrizzBrazz.con, with the n for con.
- Hangman Page, Kenny Omega, and the Bucks lamented over jobbing. Kenny was embarrassed by losing to the Dark Order. They turned on the TV to see the Dark Order had taken their commercial opportunity for Chili’s baby back ribs. Everyone was mad at Matt for blowing it.
There are two things that might transition over for Dynamite. First is Hardy changing personas unknowingly, but I think he’ll probably play it straight for his feud with Sammy. Second is discussion in the closing scene of Kenny being a comedy act as opposed to being The Cleaner. Omega’s anger is building, so don’t be surprised if The Cleaner returns soon.
We’ll close with new merch. Show your support for #MJF2020 with a variety of decorations.
Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela have new team threads.
Could a new shirt for the Nightmare Sisters be foreshadowing to winning The Deadly Draw women’s tag team tournament?