Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Raw Underground is Shane McMahon’s idea, per Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue, who also says “people in the WWE are really quite high on some of Shane’s ideas recently.”
- In an interview with Newsweek, MVP said he “understood” that Samoa Joe would be back in action soon.
- After Mustafa Ali lost to Riddick Moss on Main Event, WrestlingNews.co speculated that Vince McMahon has given up on Ali.
- Dexter Lumis’ ankle injury happened on the July 29 NXT when he flipped over the top rope and landed on his feet, according to both Dave Meltzer & Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer. WWE heavily edited the spot for television.
- On Fightful Select, Sean Ross Sapp reported that some WWE coaches were “frustrated” that Performance Center recruits were getting paid even though they couldn’t train.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.