Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On his Keepin It 100 podcast, Konnan said that while he was negotiating with AEW last year they told him CM Punk asked for “an astronomical amount of money.”
- Wrestling Observer says the number of positive COVID-19 cases at the WWE Performance Center “might be closer to 40 as of a week ago.”
- Rey Mysterio’s WWE contract expired “months ago” according to Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. Rey asked for a raise, but Vince McMahon turned him down, pointing to the COVID releases.
- Mysterio could go anywhere, and whoever signed him would likely take Dominik, too. It’s still expected Rey will re-sign with WWE though.
- Shayna Baszler worked a recent Main Event taping, per PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.