Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to WrestleVotes, “the lengths WWE are going to find a location for SummerSlam are both astonishing and outlandish.” The account also says they’ve been turned down by states in the Northeast when inquiring about holding the event outside with limited fans.
- There’s a lot of interest from Hollywood about Charlotte Flair, per Alex McCarthy of talkSport, but it may not be mutual: “Several agents have said they’d be shocked if she wasn’t the next WWE talent to cross over, but who knows. She legit loves wrestling.”
- McCarthy had a source tell him Vince McMahon hasn’t “soured” on Aleister Black, but is worried his character and gimmick “will limit him.” Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue heard McMahon’s thoughts on Black are “similar to how he feels about Cesaro.”
- Also from WrestleVotes, once audiences return WWE plans to honor Stone Cold Steve Austin with something like what they did for Triple H’s 25th Anniversary.
- On his Twitch stream Miro (Rusev in WWE) said he’s “not a wrestler anymore” and is now “a professional Twitcher, YouTuber, content creator.” It should be noted Rusev has been known to tease fans online in the past.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.