Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is thinking about running SummerSlam outdoors, per Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp. On PW Insider Elite, Mike Johnson said there have been talks about doing it at the beach or on a boat.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez has heard Vince McMahon’s goal is to not have another PPV “in an empty arena with a bunch of fans wearing masks... he wants something wacky for SummerSlam.”
- In a report for Sportskeeda, Alex McCarthy wrote that WWE is “more than likely” to run Evolution 2 before the end of 2020 as many inside the company consider it a “no brainer.”
- According to Tom Colohue of Sportskeeda, there are no plans to break up The New Day as part of Big E’s new singles run.
- Lio Rush indicated his match with Joey Janela Sunday’s GCW Homecoming show was his last.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.