Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, Kevin Dunn was upset with “production snafus” during the Asuka vs. Sasha Banks match at Extreme Rules, particularly with certain camera shots involving Bayley.
- PW Insider indicated that the Eye for an Eye match at Extreme Rules was taped ahead of time, with Vince McMahon “personally overseeing” it and even picking out specific weapons used in the match.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the idea is for The Deadly Draw women’s tournament in AEW to be an annual summer tournament, but only if it is a ratings success.
- Meltzer also noted that the Young Bucks and The Blade were “pretty messed up” coming out of their Falls Count Anywhere match on Dynamite. The leg of the table jammed Matt Jackson’s knee on the final spot of the match, and Nick Jackson was shaken up after his Swanton dive.
- In an interview with AdAge, Stephanie McMahon mentioned that a virtual ceiling has been added at the Performance Center because WWE didn’t like the look of the big ceiling fans.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.