Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rey Mysterio met with WWE yesterday for discussions PW Insider Elite says involved major developments in their contract negotiations. Rey is said to be sticking to his request for a pay raise.
- Vince McMahon didn’t like the Eye For An Eye match, but was a big fan of Extreme Rules Swamp Fight between Bray Wyatt & Braun Strowman according to Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue.
- While Monday was her last day, Fightful reports Kairi Sane did tape material for next week’s Raw.
- They also say WWE is still pitching ideas to keep Sane in the company and away from working for competitors. They include serving as a trainer or brand ambassador in Japan.
- Stephanie McMahon said in an interview with AdAge that she thinks WWE will have fans back in attendance at shows “sooner than later.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.