Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer claimed that wrestlers complaining about the post-Crown Jewel travel issues factored into their being released in April: “Another thing was the guys who had given the company bad publicity over Saudi Arabia, which was Rusev and Karl Anderson and Joe Hennig.”
- Before Impact released her, Wrestling Inc says Anderson & Luke Gallows were going to debut at Slammiversary by attacking Tessa Blanchard.
- On his Saturday Night Special livestream, Chris Jericho says the plan for Anderson & Gallows in AEW was to have them in the Inner Circle.
- New Knockouts champ Deonna Purrazzo is working without a contract for Impact, per Fightful.
- At various points this year, Fightful reports Shayna Baszler was pencilled in by WWE to win the Royal Rumble, the Raw Women’s title at WrestleMania 36, and Money in the Bank. Then in each case, “plans changed.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.