Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On the Grilling JR podcast, Jim Ross mentioned that one reason why so many pushes are suddenly stopped in WWE is because Vince McMahon is often influenced by the last person he talks to, so all it takes is for someone with an agenda to get his ear and change his mind.
- Apollo Crews told Newsweek that Paul Heyman was “one of the main reasons” for his current push on Raw.
- MMA star Henry Cejudo told Adam’s Apple that he has been “in contact” with AEW about a “potential big pay-per-view.” Cejudo appeared on Dynamite alongside Mike Tyson in late May.
- Bayley’s fiancé, independent wrestler Aaron Solow, was spotted in the audience at AEW’s Fight for the Fallen.
- Fightful says that before he left NWA, Ricky Starks turned down their contract offer for $1,000 per month.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.