Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
“Road to Fight for the Fallen,” was very good this week to hype the big show. Cody Rhodes and Arn Anderson discussed Cody’s TNT Championship attitude to do the work. They put over Sonny Kiss as a worthy challenger. FTR wants to clean up the smelliest trash in the tag team division, the Lucha Bros. A similar package as what was aired before was included for Jon Moxley and Brian Cage. There was some extra footage tacked on at the end. Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone both predict Moxley will retain.
Arn also teased a future challenger for Cody. The name Warhorse was mentioned.
https://t.co/2FmXRfCETO pic.twitter.com/0JVmOwmWOT— WARHORSE (@JPWARHORSE) July 13, 2020
I’ve heard the name but never seen him before, so I can’t offer any scouting opinion. Here’s a highlight video of Warhorse.
Sonny Kiss did an interesting interview with TV Insider (here) about being trained by Dustin Rhodes and Billy Gunn, representing LGBTQ+, and teaming with Joey Janela. Sonny also has an expected fan for his match against Cody.
fuck him up Sonny— TRENT? (@trentylocks) July 11, 2020
It turns out that Trent is still sour about Cody disrespecting him in a match with WWE.
bagged my head.— TRENT? (@trentylocks) July 11, 2020
Get Trent a shot at the TNT Championship. Trent versus Cody would be the kind of match that could steal the show.
A reminder that Jake Hager has completed his suspension.
Suspension is over. Prob not for long tho, I’m going bat shit crazy tonight @aewontnt . Try n stop me— Jake Hager (@RealJakeHager) July 15, 2020
I’m curious if AEW will pick up on the story of how Cody beat Hager to retain the TNT Championship. The finish was questionable, not to mention Dustin’s interference. Did Cody pass out before the three count? I would like analysis of that moment from commentary. It would be more in line with a sports presentation.
Private Party were the guests on A Shot of Brandi (here). They sipped on pineapple Patron cocktails and chowed on tequila shrimp tacos. It was amusing to see Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen clowning around with each other.
Being the Elite
“This Episode is About 30 Minutes Long” - Being The Elite, Ep. 212 (here) featured:
- The Elite, Hangman Page, and Brandon Cutler checked email about doing the Chili’s baby back ribs commercial. The monetary offer had many zeroes. Enough so that they can finally get out of the wrestling business. It turns out that the email was a week old and only had an hour before the deadline. Matt Jackson spoke to the camera about them taking on too much. He tried to think of an idea to get them out of this situation.
- 57 minutes later. Cutler came back with the contract. Matt was last to sign and stalled on purpose. He ended up blading under the table, and the contract was covered in blood. That made them miss the deadline. They were mad at Matt. Nick wanted to break up to go on a singles run.
- Southern Kaz finally found Damascus Hardy. Kaz was broken as Fractured Frankie. Kaz wanted to go back to being himself. He needed Hardy to bring reincarnation water next time they see each other.
- Colt Cabana was going to approach Kenny Omega, but Hangman Page pulled Colt into a different room. He advised Colt not to mess with Kenny. It could result in Colt being murdered.
- Matt Hardy helped Private Party prepare for their title shot. They got back to basics. That led to Broken Matt’s Terms of the Inside. Botch is when a sequence or maneuver does not go as planned.
- Matt Jackson walked in on Omega and Cutler with “the stuff.” Matt didn’t want any of those special gummies, because he is Christian AF.
- Alex Reynolds and John Silver walked in to see Kris Buttlander on the floor. She shot fake bullets from her crutch at Silver. Reynolds tried to recruit her into the Dark Order. She fed Kool-Aid powder to her homemade Chuck Taylor action figure. Statlander declined the offer at the behest of little Chuck.
- Matt Hardy bumped into MJF in the hallway. Money Matt flashed cash to insult MJF.
- Alex Abrahantes was back with Speaking Spanglish. Santana and Ortiz demonstrated payne as a word meaning a pain in the ass. Ortiz claimed he put Dasha Gonzalez in check. Dasha’s super senses heard, so she threw her chancla long distance across the arena to hit Ortiz.
- Super Panda wanted Luchasaurus to train. Panda knows the blueprint to defeat the Elite. Karate Kid training ensued. Luchasaurus was too scared to do a Canadian Destroyer into the pool.
- The closing scene involved Mr. Brodie Lee and the Dark Order. Reynolds and Silver told him they recruited Jungle Boy. It turned out to be Griff Garrison. Mr. Brodie lost his mind and threw a stack of paper at Evil Uno. That final segment is hilarious and worth watching. Language warning with F bombs.
We’ll close with t-shirts and a cool photo. FTR, the Librarians, the Best Friends & Sue, and Matt Hardy all have new duds.
While you’re checking out the masks that have been restocked check out these new shirts...bonus buy with the purchase of the Librarian T-Shirt you will receive a FREE bookmark! #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/5lUU34ciKX— ShopAEW.com (@ShopAEW) July 8, 2020
*NEW* check out these great designs! Best Friends @SexyChuckieT and @trentylocks with Mom Sue! And also The Multiverse of @MATTHARDYBRAND! Don’t miss out - go get yours today! #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/yR6RyCdtEr— ShopAEW.com (@ShopAEW) July 13, 2020
Enjoy the sunset in the background of Joey Janela flying through the air.
What's more beautiful, a flying @JANELABABY or that sunset pic.twitter.com/gxjwUKpI2Z— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) July 12, 2020
What are your predictions for Fight for the Fallen? Are you excited at the idea of Warhorse competing against Cody Rhodes? Should the Dark Order take in Griff Garrison?