Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the timetable for Charlotte Flair’s return to WWE television is up in the air. Even though WWE hopes she’ll be back for SummerSlam, the nature of her surgery combined with a TV project might turn that into an impossible goal.
- Following up on that, Ryan Satin tweeted that Flair’s television project is not a reality show; he’s heard that it is “a scripted show with a big network”.
- Meltzer also noted that WWE’s policy about fines for not wearing masks was revealed on the internet before talent was informed.
- According to Fightful, the Jeff Hardy urine-throwing segment from the June 12 episode of SmackDown was produced by D-Von Dudley, and one of the writers was Zach Hyatt.
- Earlier this week, PW Insider was told that Tammy Lynn Sytch was arrested and charged with violating a domestic violence restraining order, operating a motor vehicle during a license suspension, and eluding a police officer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.