Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says that WWE is now eyeing the end of September for the return of live audiences.
- Sources told PW Unlimited that WWE is considering either a second night of SummerSlam or Evolution 2 on Aug. 30. In response to this, Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp tweeted that he’s heard of an Aug. 30 show being planned, but isn’t aware of details beyond that.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that WWE gave FTR legal letters preventing them from using the name “Shatter Machine.” The move is now called “Goodnight Express” in AEW.
- Per Meltzer, Riddick Moss is one of the WWE superstars who has voluntarily chosen to stay home during the coronavirus pandemic.
- PW Insider mentioned that the FTW title was never owned by ECW, which is why WWE has no claim on it. Taz holds the copyright and is free to use it as he wishes.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.