Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
Get hyped for night 1 of Fyter Fest with video packages promoting the three title fights on Road to AEW Fyter Fest. Some of the scenes are similar to what was aired last week on Dynamite.
Cody Rhodes celebrated his birthday this week. Fellow birthday boy, Dax Harwood, sent him a congratulatory tweet. Both made sly references to reforming the Four Horsemen.
Happy Birthday!— Cody (@CodyRhodes) June 30, 2020
Digging your truck, looks like it has a lot of horsepower. https://t.co/EVs7Je3AHY
Cody has been dropping hints lately about not feeling loved by the Elite, so a new stable with FTR could be coming soon. The big question is who would be the fourth. By association with Tully Blanchard, Shawn Spears is a candidate. I propose a different Big Guy for the group.
Who would you put in a new version of AEW’s Four Horsemen?
Jungle Boy wants to give Cody the present of beating MJF. MJF responded appropriately.
Brandi Rhodes had a hectic past few days (in terms of when this footage was released). The latest episode of A Shot of Brandi (here) saw Brandi almost start a knife fight with Nyla Rose.
They were arguing over whether cookies are savory or sweet. Brandi took the side of sweet and became momentarily enraged when Nyla claimed cookies could be savory. Brandi backed down when she noticed Nyla had the bigger knife. (To clarify, Brandi wasn’t seriously going to stab Nyla.)
I recommend checking out that episode if you are interesting in botched cooking shows. It was my favorite to date. Brandi and Nyla drank a cocktail concoction of Fireball whiskey, vanilla vodka, apple juice, cinnamon, and milk. The dish to cook was cinnamon cake bites infused with Fireball, except Brandi forgot to add the whiskey. There was a bonus cameo from Dean Malenko.
On Dark, Brandi teamed with Allie as the Nightmare Sisters. They celebrated their win with a glass of victory wine. I may have been overzealous when writing the Dark recap and review with enthusiasm that they were becoming friends. Brandi made sure to slow that roll.
It was just one drink let’s not get too wild... https://t.co/oeUahRE8r6— The Brandalorian (@TheBrandiRhodes) June 30, 2020
Whatever the case, I’m looking forward to the day that Allie is a guest on A Shot of Brandi.
Today will be a tough day for Brandi. It seemed like she would engage in fisticuffs with Jake Hager’s wife, Catalina, during Cody’s TNT Championship match, but life has other plans. Brandi posted that she will be flying home to be with her 16-year old dog, Colby-Jack, who is at the end of his road.
View this post on Instagram
Today is shaping up to me my worst on record. I’m flying back home to say goodbye to my oldest friend. My first child. Colby-Jack Tanner Runnels. For 16 years we have been inseparable. When I first saw you and took you home on that long car ride through the snow in Michigan...you continued to trust me from that moment on. Everyone thought you were too small, I was too young. You’d just be some pocket dog that I’d one day tire of. That never happened. You were never a pocket dog. You were a family member with the best personality and you were my utmost priority throughout all stages of my life. You were with me from Michigan to Florida to Texas to California and finally, to Georgia. You helped me become an adult. And I would never leave you behind. When I didn’t have enough for you I found it. You never doubted me for one second and that unconditional love is what always got me through. We did this all together. I’m so glad you stayed around as long as you did. You allowed me the pleasure and joy of being your mom. You allowed me to grow into the woman I am today and you showed me the best human and dog bond possible. I love you Colby. We will always be together because I’ll hold you in my heart. Rest well my sweet.
Being the Elite
“Baby Back Ribs” - Being The Elite, Ep. 210 (here) featured:
- Kenny Omega was upset about bad catering. He started snapping his fingers for Chili’s baby back ribs. Brandon Cutler and the Young Bucks bopped along adding to the beat. Omega took the chorus while Nick Jackson sang the high notes. Hangman Page had been looking at his phone then burst out in song. After the tune, they spoke about what to order off the menu. Matt Jackson had hunger pangs and really wanted... Baby back, baby back, baby back ribs. They all started singing again.
- The Bucks let Cutler know they booked him into a tag match with Peter Avalon on Dark against the Bucks. Cutler didn’t take the news well. He didn’t want to team with Avalon.
- The Bucks and Luchasaurus were playing the claw machine at Denny’s. The dino man claimed to be an expert at the game but failed badly when using the claw to pick up a toy.
- The Bucks showed off their new action figures. The Bucks, Omega, and Hangman were doing silly things for the commercial.
- Nick walked up to his brother. He explained the bandage on his forehead that he bladed at the airport to get through the security line. It worked. Matt’s ego was pumped as a trendsetter.
- Omega and Cutler were excited about fresh cut white powder. They tried to encourage Matt to try it. Matt declined the pre-workout formula, because he is Christian AF. Matt threw the powder. Omega and Cutler licked the air trying to salvage any particles.
- Private Party weren’t pleased with the catering menu. Nick was serious that there were no other options. They didn’t believe him until he shouted that he is dead ass.
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds approached Orange Cassidy trying to recruit him into the Dark Order. Reynolds made a glass of Kool-Aid for OC. Cassidy wasn’t interested until Silver told him about how they all watch Fast & Furious on Fridays. OC pushed the glass away very slowly off the edge of the table.
- Hangman introduced himself to Mr. Brodie Lee and complimented his gear. Hangman mentioned how he filled out the form on the Dark Order website a few months ago but never heard back. Mr. Brodie couldn’t believe they missed it and offered Hangman a spot. Page declined since he is in a much better place now. Mr. Brodie left in a huff at the missed opportunity to have Hangman on board. He entered the Dark Order locker room and chucked a pile of papers at Reynolds’ face.
- Frankie Kazarian spoke to Cutler using a country accent. Kaz doesn’t know why he’s talking that way, but he thinks Matt Hardy has something to do with it.
- Matt Hardy wished Nick luck before his match. Damascus touched Nick and felt the spirit of Harry Houdini within the merch freak. Houdini was the ultimate carny. That transitioned to Hardy’s Terms of the Inside. A carny is someone willing to use any tactic to sell their product.
- Alex Abrahantes was back with Speaking Spanglish. Santana & Ortiz explained ordere. Reynolds and Silver interrupted thinking they were talking about joining the Dark Order. Reynolds and Silver took Abrahantes instead.
- Colt Cabana checked in on Omega. The sign on the door read, “No Colts Club.” Cabana replied, “At least there can be one of them.” Colt peaked in to see the crew still singing about Chili’s baby back ribs. Cabana didn’t want to ruin their fun, so he didn’t enter the room.
That was one of the funnier BTE episodes I’ve seen. I’d pick the singing intro and the scene with Mr. Brodie Lee as the best. Observing the camaraderie between Kenny Omega and Hangman Page makes me hope that their storyline as awkward partners is over and that they stick together as a team.