Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned some of the missing names from Raw this week were due to positive Covid-19 tests, but some of them weren’t.
- Per the Observer, WWE has officially cancelled the shows they had planned to run in late July with paying fans in attendance.
- PW Insider notes a conference call was held with NXT UK talent that included WWE officials telling them to be ready to work “when the time is right,” so plans are for the promotion to stick around.
- They also said, however, that it was made clear the company will have a hard stance against sexual abuse allegations.
- Speaking of NXT UK, the Observer says Joe Coffey has been suspended while Joel Allen and Chris Roberts, both referees, were fired.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.