Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Not so fast on the Adam Cole to AEW speculation. PW Insider says Cole’s NXT contract runs another 18 months.
- Velveteen Dream was discussed as a potential main roster call-up, says WrestleTalk’s Louis Dangoor, but WWE and NXT officials decided to keep him in NXT for now.
- Dangoor’s sources also told him Paul Heyman had big plans for Jinder Mahal before Mahal was sidelined by another knee surgery. They included a shot at WWE champ Drew McIntyre.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer believes Edge & Randy Orton’s Backlash match was filmed in advance so there was time for re-shoots and editing to give it a chance to live up to its billing as “The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever”.
- WWE could have more new look titles coming soon, according to Wrestling Inc. The site mentioned larger NXT championship and a re-designed United States championship.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.