Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Post Wrestling is now saying that the reason WWE shot that angle with Elias was to write him off television due to a legitimate torn pectoral muscle.
- Per Wrestling Inc, WWE filmed Backlash before TakeOver: In Your House utilizing NXT talent for the crowd once again. They ended up working a full day.
- Inc also notes that MVP was corrected during a promo calling the crowd “NXT Superstars” when Kevin Dunn told him to call them “Performance Center recruits.”
- According to PW Insider, Danilo Anfibio being replaced by Jessika Carr mid-match last week was an angle and he’s not actually injured.
- New Japan Pro Wrestling is expected to announce today that the promotion will return to promoting matches “very soon,” per the Observer. They’ll apparently start with empty arena shows and then go to half capacity.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.