Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that he expects Brock Lesnar will be booked for SummerSlam, even if there are no fans in attendance.
- Wrestling Inc confirmed that there are discussions about bringing Io Shirai and Velveteen Dream up to the main roster from NXT.
- They also mentioned that Adam Cole’s WWE contract is up in August, and he has yet to sign a new deal.
- Meltzer indicated that Rob Gronkowski’s WWE contract called for him to work three events - WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and a show in Saudi Arabia late in 2020. Those latter two appearances won’t happen now that he is gone from WWE and back in the NFL.
- The second night of AEW’s Fyter Fest will be taped on July 2, and air on July 8. AEW has already written all of their shows through Fyter Fest. The matches on that card will be treated like pay-per-view matches, in terms of length and presentation.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.