Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Some WWE talent released in April have received offers to re-sign with the company, but according to Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live only for a “fraction” of what they were making before.
- If wrestlers are deciding between an offer from Impact to appear at Slammiversary or returning to WWE on the new deals, Alvarez believes “a fair number” will go Impact.
- WWE used a public announce system to tell the talent in the crowd at Raw and SmackDown to be more energetic, says Wrestling Inc: “One source described it as a parent talking down to a child.”
- Malcolm Bivens’ Indus Sher team were supposed to feud with Matt Riddle & Pete Dunne for the NXT Tag titles, but Fightful reports they were pulled from TV when it became clear Riddle would have to drop the belts. WWE officials didn’t think Indus Sher was ready for that spot.
- New Japan and Stardom’s parent company Bushiroad says they plan to resume live events and that the wrestlers will receive antibody tests, but they didn’t provide a schedule for the return of wrestling to Japan.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.