Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer says WWE booked the 8000+ seat RP Funding Center in Lakeland, Florida for the July 24 SmackDown and July 27 Raw as part of Vince McMahon’s plant to run shows with fans again ASAP.
- WWE is the “likely landing spot” for Tessa Blanchard, according to talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy, whose sources also told him AEW isn’t interested.
- Fightful Select notes that Blanchard was released from her Impact contract slightly before it expired, and the release came with a non-disparagement clause.
- Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson to Impact “is a done deal,” per Sportskeeda’s Gary Cassidy. They’re expected to debut at Slammiversary or shortly after. As previously reported, they’ll be able to work NJPW, too.
- On Talk is Jericho, Chris Jericho claimed The Young Bucks originally wanted Marty Scurll to be revealed as the leader of The Dark Order.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.