Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful says Rob Gronkowski had heat within WWE for not wanting to do the dive spot at WrestleMania 36 and holding up filming while Vince McMahon had to convince him to do it.
- The Observer notes that he was done with WWE when he signed with Tampa Bay because he won’t be able to wrestle matches while under contract with them.
- According to PW Insider, MVP is no longer working as a producer for WWE and is instead back to performing full-time.
- Bryan Alvarez noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that someone in WWE told him Nia Jax needed to be fired after the spot on Raw where Kairi Sane was injured being thrown into the steel steps.
- Impact is now teasing several released WWE stars signing with the company and appearing at Slammiversary. It’s expected at least some of them are actually coming.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.