Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has told talent not to speak publicly on anything related to Covid-19.
- He also said someone involved with WWE has had multiple family members test positive for Covid-19 since this whole thing started.
- Sportskeeda says the plan was for Matt Riddle to come to SmackDown and feud with Baron Corbin, and Corbin wasn’t happy upon learning about this.
- For whatever it’s worth, Maria Kanellis said the reveal of the father of her child in the pregnancy storyline WWE was running with her was always going to be her husband, Mike, and he was planned to turn babyface while she stayed heel until her return from maternity leave.
- WWE has been showing interest in Tessa Blanchard after she was released by Impact Wrestling, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.