Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Vince McMahon wants to run live television shoots in front of paying fans as early as late July or early August.
- The WON also says AJ Styles vs. Matt Riddle appears to be the next Intercontinental title feud.
- According to WrestleTalk, Randy Orton is campaigning to work with someone from NXT.
- The Braun Strowman vs. Bray Wyatt Swamp Fight at Extreme Rules will be a cinematic match with Wyatt heavily involved in creating it with Jeremy Borash and Triple H, says Wrestling Inc.
- Per Fightful, Michael Elgin and Sami Callihan got into a fight backstage at the last Impact Wrestling taping and Scott D’Amore had to break it up.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.