Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While there’s been a lot of talk about Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton at SummerSlam, including from Drew himself, Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue says a McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar rematch is “pencilled in” for WWE’s August PPV.
- That site’s Gary Cassidy tweeted Paul Heyman had plans for a big babyface push for Liv Morgan on Raw, but it looks like those plans are scrapped with Heyman gone.
- Colohue also claims Dolph Ziggler was originally paired with Sonya Deville so he could do most of the promo work, but when he & WWE officials realized she didn’t need any help, he was moved to Raw.
- Kevin Owens said on The Bump yesterday there was “no pushback” from WWE when he told the company he was going to sit out last Wednesday’s taping.
- New York, New Jersey & Connecticut are placing travel restrictions on people travel from states with high rates of COVID-19, like Florida. This could greatly impact WWE and AEW, as both have talent & staff that live in those states and WWE’s HQ is in Stamford, CT. Wrestling Observer says AEW thinks they can get around the restrictions because of their testing policy, but it’s not clear if that will work.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.