Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
FTR was set to wrestle tonight against the Natural Nightmares. It now appears that FTR will have new competition instead, according to Christopher Daniels. AEW later confirmed the change, and Tony Khan explained it was due to QT Marshall having interacted with someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19.
Since last week’s show, in his everyday life, QT had brief contact with a non-wrestling acquaintance who since tested positive for COVID-19. Rather than risk bringing QT to our test site, our doc asked him to stay home & take a COVID test back in GA to protect the rest of us here https://t.co/eeN8VmF2nP— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) June 24, 2020
FTR will go against SCU. On Dark, it was mentioned that SCU has decided for CD and Frankie Kazarian to be the tag team and for Scorpio Sky to chase singles glory. A win over FTR would be a major stepping stone for CD and Kaz.
Ricky Starks made quite the impression when he appeared as the surprise challenger for Cody Rhodes’ TNT Championship. Starks did so well in a losing effort that he was signed to AEW. He is ready for action. I really like Starks, but he may be biting off more than he can chew by sassing Lance Archer.
How about I slap the tracks outcha head https://t.co/BBkEZOx5pE— Ricky Starks (@starkmanjones) June 24, 2020
That’s definitely a fight I’d love to see. As a former victim of bully Ryback in WWE, Starks could stand up for all the people in the back who have been thrashed each week by Archer when he makes his entrance.
MJF had strong words for his buddy Wardlow in tonight’s lumberjack match against Luchasaurus.
Wardlow is my friend but at the end of the day I’m a businessman.— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) June 19, 2020
Ik he understands he has a job to do here.
Finish the job or don’t get paid. https://t.co/JMDd1mBzB3
Wardlow teased what we can expect.
June 19, 2020
Brandi Rhodes had a birthday this week.
Happy Birthday @TheBrandiRhodes— Cody (@CodyRhodes) June 23, 2020
I love you. Thank you for being strong. Thank you for being loving. Thanks for sharing the adventure. I have loved you since the first hug (Air Canada Centre parking lot)
Enjoy your day! pic.twitter.com/g9uZnu4RM9
I included that due to the appearance of Pharaoh in the photo. That dog rocks.
Being the Elite
“Christian AF” - Being The Elite, Ep. 209 (here) featured:
- Nick Jackson gushed over his baby’s face. That brought in Matt Hardy for Terms of the Inside. The babyface is the wrestler who portrays the hero of the story. The babyface should also be popular and sell a shit ton of merch.
- Colt Cabana entered Kenny Omega’s locker room to continue their chase-scene shtick. Colt made Muppet noises to entice Omega, but Omega wasn’t interested. Omega felt Colt made him a laughing stock. People don’t take Omega serious anymore. Omega blamed Cabana for ruining his career. Omega has to look out for himself. He won’t be the punch line anymore. Omega is going to beat Colt within an inch of his life next time he sees him. Hangman Page was relaxing on the couch with a whiskey and wasn’t paying attention to anything that just happened.
- The Best Friends and Orange Cassidy rolled up in a golf cart. Brandon Cutler asked them if they have a new BTE bit yet. No comment. Chuck Taylor put the golf cart in reverse and exited down the long hallway.
- Alex Abrahantes was back with more Speaking Spanglish. Santana and Ortiz demonstrated double meanings for hamburger and hot dog. Ortiz was getting a little too explicit, so Dasha Gonzalez came in to set him straight with a chancletaso (big sandal for smacking).
- Brandon Cutler approached Peter Avalon and Leva Bates. Cutler sounded like he wanted to get their team back together, but the discussion devolved into arguing about who is the worst wrestler in AEW. Avalon stormed off.
- The match board for Dynamite had Luther vs MJF in bra and panties, Young Bucks vs local jobbers, SCU vs NYC, and Marko Stunt vs Giant Gonzalez. Private Party looked at the board to notice their names missing. Nick Jackson told them creative had nothing for them. They didn’t believe Nick until he said he was dead ass (serious).
- Mr. Brodie Lee stormed into the Dark Order locker room upset about receiving 40,000 emails. He chucked the stack of paper into Evil Uno’s face. Mr. Brodie exited in a huff for Evil Uno to resolve the situation. Evil Uno put Alex Reynolds and John Silver in charge of recruitment emails. They viewed the busy work as a promotion.
- Jack Evans and Angelico insulted the tag team division. The Young Bucks are the ruiners of wrestling. TH2 are the Elite slayers.
- Best Friends and OC brainstormed ideas for a BTE bit. What if they killed Cutler? Trent thought about the plot of Home Alone to kill Cutler. OC suggested drinking Corona beer, being a family, and having cars. Chuck Taylor pointed out that that is Fast & Furious. OC countered that it would mean The Rock would be there. They went back to discussing how to kill Cutler.
- Cutler asked Matt Jackson about his injured ribs. Matt tried to hide the pain. Cutler offered a red pill and a blue pill. Matt was disappointed that Cutler tried to get him to take drugs. The Bucks are Christian as f-ck. Hangman came in asking if Matt wants to do alcohol to feel better. Private Party and Matt Hardy were partying, but Matt Jackson is Christian AF.
As it relates to Dynamite, the Dark Order skit (starting at 9:23) could be worth watching. It is amusing to watch Mr. Brodie abuse Evil Uno even if that segment ends up having no relevance for TV.
We’ll close with new t-shirts in the AEW shop.
More merchandise you say...? Check out these Bad Boys...(no pun intended)! That dropped this morning on https://t.co/9hHlXpcSbp Keep in mind these are available in tank sizes for the summer!@AEWrestling #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/gmZ5C7WA7N— ShopAEW.com (@TheShopAEW) June 19, 2020