Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is now booking to get ratings for Raw each week instead of rebuilding for the future, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that we probably won’t see Ronda Rousey again until at least WrestleMania next year, and maybe not even then.
- There’s talk that Vince McMahon soured on Shayna Baszler and she isn’t getting the push that was previously planned for her.
- Dave Meltzer notes there are long term plans for Andrade and Angel Garza as a tag team, so their teased breakup isn’t happening.
- According to the Observer, reports abound that Ring of Honor is not offering anyone a new deal right now due to the coronavirus pandemic.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.